Bikes Mean Business
Here at HCC, we know that bikes mean business, and we aren’t the only ones who think so. A series of studies have been conducted by The Centre for Active Transportation about the economic impact of bike lanes. After a bike lane was installed on Bloor Street in Toronto, bicycle mode share tripled, while merchants reported higher numbers of customers, and visitors to the street reported higher estimates of spending and more frequent trips to Bloor Street.
We are committed to supporting local businesses in HRM, and in exchange, we are asking for your support to build a city that is exceptional for cycling.
Become a Corporate Member of HCC
We are now offering a corporate membership to businesses who want to support the work of the HCC. You can sign up on our registration page.
Benefits of an annual Corporate Membership ($100/year):
- A ‘thank-you’ post on HCC’s Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram page linking to your business’ website
- Business name listed as a corporate HCC member on the HCC website
- Free HCC sticker
Benefits of an annual Corporate Sustaining Membership ($500+/year):
- Six posts across Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram per year on HCC social media pages relating to your business and cycling
- Business name and logo listed as a corporate HCC member on the HCC website
- Free HCC sticker
If you want to become an HCC sponsor and increase your level of support above corporate membership, please get in touch with us at email@example.com. We are able to offer additional benefits to sponsors, including lunch and learns at your business, partnership on a major HCC event, and displaying your logo in our monthly newsletter.
Ways to Make Your Business Bike Friendly
We have some ideas about how you can make your business even more bike-friendly.
- Install bike parking (bonus points if it’s covered from the rain!)
- Sponsor bike events like Halifax Bike Week and I Light HFX
- Encourage employees to bike to work by providing showers, training, and incentives
- Support HRM’s plan for a minimum grid of all ages and abilities (AAA) bike routes
- Develop a bicycle discount program where customers are rewarded for biking
- Become a corporate member of HCC!