Join the HCC to support cycling advocacy in Halifax. Our influence at City Hall comes as a result of our existing membership. With your support we can make an even bigger difference for cyclists in Halifax. As a small non-profit organization your membership dues fund our advocacy and we consistently achieve results with very few resources. In addition to feeling great about your support for cycling, your membership allows you to vote at our general meetings, run for positions on the Board of Directors, and provides you with great benefits at a number of area businesses.
What has our membership achieved?
We have already made a difference for cyclists in Halifax. Our advocacy has resulted in:
- Construction of the South Park Street protected bike lane
- Approval of protected bike lanes on Hollis Street, Lower Water Street
- Construction of the Windsor Street bike lane and the Windsor Street connector trail behind the old St. Patrick’s High School site
- Improved snow clearing of bike routes
- The Integrated Mobility Plan (IMP) for a minimum grid of all ages and abilities (AAA) bike routes on the Halifax Peninsula and Downtown Dartmouth
- Approval of a Vision Zero Strategic Road Safety Framework for making Halifax streets safer for vulnerable road users
- An acknowledgment of vulnerable road users in the provincial Traffic Safety Act (TSA)
- $25 million in funding for the AAA network in Halifax and Dartmouth
Start your membership today
We can’t do this without you. Join now to make a difference in cycling in Halifax.