The Halifax Cycling Coalition (HCC) is looking for a Treasurer to become part of our board of directors.
The Treasurer oversees the finances of the HCC, and attends monthly meetings with the board of directors. The time commitment for this role is 2-5 hours per week. Responsibilities include planning and keeping track of budgets, collecting, depositing, and keeping track of funds, writing cheques, making electronic transfers, and providing financial reports to fellow HCC board members.
The Treasurer is a financial watchdog, ensuring the protection of the committee’s funds. The Treasurer is also responsible for reconciling bank statements, managing cash flow, and investing funds. They may also help with fund-raising efforts to better the committee’s financial state and actively participate in sub-committees to further the mission and vision of HCC.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about safe cycling infrastructure in the HRM, and who has the following:
- Excellent organizational skills regarding documentation and file or record-keeping
- Strong verbal and visual financial reporting skills
- Exceptional ability to communicate complex financial information
- Valuable time management and prioritization skills
- In-depth knowledge of Quickbooks, ADP, Google Suite (preferred)
- Solid understanding of budget planning and finance
- Substantial value for ethics and trustworthy operations
- Experience using different methodical approaches for managing finances
If you fit the qualifications outlined above and want to make Halifax a better place to cycle, please reach out to us at email@example.com.