Bicycle Film Festival is arriving in person in Halifax!
When: Saturday, August 27, 2022
- Cycle for Change Shorts Program - 6:30pm
- Adventure Shorts Program - 9:00pm
Where: Paul O’Regan Hall, Halifax Public Library, 5440 Spring Garden Rd, Halifax, NS B3J 1E9
Hosted by Halifax Cycling Coalition.
A portion of all ticket sales goes to support Halifax Cycling Coalition.
BFF Halifax presents two new short film programs: Cycling for Change and Adventure shorts. Curated documentaries, narratives animations, award-winning directors, and emerging talents – all sharing equal billing.
2 Crows Brewing Co. is sponsoring this event and we will have a variety of beer and sparkling water before the show. We will also have snacks for sale at the event.
6:30 - 8:00pm: Program 1: Cycle For Change short film Program
8:00 - 8:30pm: Intermission
9:00 - 10:30pm: Program 2: Adventure short film Program
Ticketing: You can buy a ticket for each individual program for $20, or you can buy a ticket for both programs for $35.
Get your tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/bicycle-film-festival-halifax-tickets-396313543477
6:30pm - Program 1: Cycle For Change shorts
These films celebrate the change makers, the advocates, and the activists who are pushing the bike movement forward in their communities. Featuring stories about:
• Kailey Kornhauser and fellow “ fat cyclist” Marley Blonsky are on a mission to change the idea that people with larger bodies can't ride bikes
• The city of Monterrey, Mexico is in crisis due to a lack of bicycle infrastructure
• The story of Portland, Maine native, Clara Brown, a Team USA Paracyclist training for Tokyo
• The life of a New York City food delivery worker
• The 1936 story of Nora Young, one of the first few female cyclists to compete in the men’s world of Six-Day velodrome bike racing
• The affirmation of Derius Matchewan Papatie’s courage in Rapid Lake, a First Nation reserve in Quebec
• A collective of cycling communities in Los Angeles fight for protected bike lanes, and road safety — determined to bring a new era of mobility justice t the city
• And more..
9:00pm - Program 2: Adventure Shorts
For lovers of gravel, mountain biking, bike packing, fixed gear, ultra-endurance cycling, and adventure, this program captures the spirit of passionate cyclists around the world. Featuring stories about:
• A portrait of Ron Holden and Ride for Black Lives, a movement to spread the message of equality through open-to-all group rides around Los Angeles
• The first woman from her village in Lesotho to compete in the Pump Track World Championships
• A dreamy glimpse into three professional female mountain bikers reflecting on their willingness to sustain broken bones, concussions, and organ damages
• A short animation. There's no stopping where a bike can take you.
• Two women who bring a town together around mountain biking and their pizza shop
• A grueling 240 mile gravel road bicycle race traverses Minnesota's roads less traveled— all within 24 hours
• The story of Leo Rogers
• And more…
Thanks to all our generous sponsors for their support with this event:
Halifax Public Library
5440 Spring Garden Road
Halifax, NS B3J1E9