BFF Halifax - virtual
February 18 - 28, 2022
Hosted by Halifax Cycling Coalition.
A portion of all ticket sales goes to support Halifax Cycling Coalition.
BFF Halifax virtual appeals to a wide audience from film connoisseurs to avid cyclists and everything in between. The curated collection of select short films will take you on a journey around the world, covering such topics as:
- A lone cyclist in Vancouver embarks on a 60 day tour at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic with empty streets and ends with a new reality
- The first BMX crew in Nigeria
- The story of road cycling legend and overall wonderful soul, Connie Carpenter
- Cycle sport as relief from genocide
- A father (starring actor, Timothy Spall) copes with the loss of his son through cycling
- The struggle of a young woman and her bike in Iran
- Jools Walker rediscovers her love of cycling and her desire to create space for young black woman like her
- A charismatic Ghanaian immigrant in Amsterdam who teaches refugee adult women to ride bikes
- Two women who bring a town together around mountain biking and their pizza shop
- Access to education is opened up to young female students in Kenya after receiving bicycles
- A bird's-eye view of a BLM bicycle protest ride from New York to DC
- A love letter to the splendor of winter through the eyes of a female bicycle courier in the midst of a Canadian deep-freeze
- and more…
About Bicycle Film Festival: Bicycle Film Festival has been celebrating bicycles through art, film and music for the last 20 years with over 90 cities worldwide and a viewer audience of 1 million and growing. The festival has an incredible history of working with the most important artists, filmmakers, venues, and institutions around the world.
About Halifax Cycling Coalition: The Halifax Cycling Coalition is a non-profit organization dedicated to advocating for safe and comfortable bicycle infrastructure in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The Halifax Cycling Coalition has spent over 10 years removing barriers to cycling in Halifax, while also encouraging the many health, economic and environmental benefits that active transportation can bring. The mission of the Halifax Cycling Coalition is to help Halifax become a better city to cycle in for both fun and transport. Our work focuses on improving cycling conditions for all residents by providing events, education and advocacy support. We believe in supporting changes to our communities that promote safe, equitable, and accessible transportation options for all ages, abilities, and backgrounds, emphasizing the needs of vulnerable road users.
How does the virtual Bicycle Film Festival Halifax work? A ticket allows you to view the 90 minute short film format from February 18 at 7:00 PM AST through February 28 at 11:59 PM AST streamed to your computer, tablet, or smart TV by simply clicking on the link provided by email 15 minutes before opening date and time. All prices are in USD. Ticket prices are "sliding scale" $10, $15, $20 (CAD $13, $19, $25.50) so all ticket prices entitle you to the same content. You may view BFF in one sitting, or as you will, from the comfort and safety of your home.
Thanks to our generous sponsors for helping us put on this event!