Winter Bike Week is a week-long series of events to celebrate winter cycling. Many people in Halifax already cycle all year round, and for those who are on the fence, we have some exciting learning and inspirational opportunities to support you to take the leap into year-round cycling, no matter how chilly it is. If you're looking for winter cycling tips check out our Cycling in Winter page. We will also be posting winter cycling tips and tricks leading up to and during Winter Bike Week to help you get out and enjoy the fresh air and freedom of cycling in the winter.
Right now, this year's program of events is virtual - meaning all events and activities are taking place online. This is due to the current public health restrictions in place. But stay tuned, as there may be some more events and activities to come!
Check out our program below. If your business or organization wants to offer an event or activity visit our blog to learn more about opportunities to get involved!
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 7
6pm to 7pm - Intro to Winter Cycling Workshop hosted by the Halifax Cycling Coalition.
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 8
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 10
7am to 8am - Coffee Outside: Winter Edition (stay tuned for more details)
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 10
7pm to 8pm - Growing Halifax's Cycling Network hosted by the Active Transportation Planners from the Halifax Regional Municipality.
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 13
7pm-8:30pm - Bigger Than Bikes: Community Speaker Series (more details to come)
ALL WEEK LONG
- Get a promo code for a $40 credit on any new Communauto Atlantic membership when you share a photo of yourself and your bike during Winter Bike Week on Twitter or Instagram. You must tag HCC (@IBIKEHFX on Twitter or @cyclehalifax on Instagram) AND Communauto Atlantic (@communauto_atl on Twitter and/or Instagram) and use #WinterBikeWeek.
- Shanti Yoga is offering a week of free yoga for HCC members during Winter Bike Week and/or anyone who attends a Winter Bike Week event. Just send us an email and we will give you the promo code! If you're not a member, you can become one here for as little as $2/month!
- HCC members get 20% off cross country ski rentals and the access fee for cross country skiing at The Links at Brunello during winter bike week. Just show your membership receipt to the pro shop attendant to access the discount!
- Need some new winter gear for your bike? Long Alley Bicycles is offering 15% off for anyone who rides their bike to the shop during Winter Bike Week. Just show them your helmet to access the deal!
- Rooted Rose Community Acupuncture is offering 50% off your first community acupuncture treatment for anyone who bikes to the clinic. Just show your helmet to access the deal. Appointments must be booked in advance”
- Participate in any of our choose-your-own-adventure bi-icicle rides (routes coming soon) and post a photo on Instagram and Twitter while completing the ride to be entered to win one of three awesome prize packs from Halifax Cycles, Bulwark Cider, Hilly Goose, Bicycle Nova Scotia and Java Blend valued at over $100 each!
- Velofix Nova Scotia is offering basic tune-ups for $69 plus tax ($20 off their original price). Parts are additional but work completed at your home within HRM. Bookings can be made on their website. You pick the time and place and they will come to you. When booking online, add #WinterBikeWeek to the notes section and the discount will be applied upon job completion.
- JAM BOARD: What does your dream biking community look like? Turn on your favourite playlist and take a few minutes to ponder what would make our biking community even better!
Winter Bike Week is generously supported by the Halifax Regional Municipality.
Box 3, 2nd Floor
Halifax, NS B3K 1C5