You're invited to our annual AGM meeting. At our AGM we will share our annual report and our annual financial statements. We will also vote on new board members to join our Board of Directors. We are looking for passionate individuals to join our board. Board members provide leadership, guidance, and perspectives on topics and activities relevant to urban cycling in Halifax. The main responsibilities of the Board and its Directors include:
- Understand and promote HCC’s mission, vision, and values
- Keep up to date with issues and trends that affect HCC’s work
- Contribute to the management of HCC's operations and finances
- Attend and actively participate in at least 10 board meetings. (We have 12 monthly board meetings, approximately 2 hours in length)
- Attend and actively participate in the annual general meeting
-Attend and contribute to HCC events and initiatives
If you are interested in becoming a board member, please email us at email@example.com and tell us a bit about yourself before the AGM on May 18.
All HCC members are welcome to attend the AGM. You can become a member for as little as $2 per month (the price of one cup of coffee). Register as an HCC member here. Anyone who is interested in joining the Board must be an HCC member in good standing on the date of the AGM and throughout their term on the Board.
Please join us on May 18 at 7pm to learn more about what we've been up to this year and share your feedback with us! When you register on this page, you will receive a link to the zoom meeting to attend the event from the comfort of your own home (or wherever you might be tuning in from).
This year, we are excited to include two presentations from our community members. Dr. Sarah Kirk will be presenting on the upcoming Pedal Poll and cycling data in Canada and Natalia Diaz-Insense will be presenting on Active School Transportation. You can learn more about our presenters, our new board member nominations and find a more detailed agenda for the evening in our AGM program.
- Welcome and Introductions
- Guest Speakers: Dr. Sara Kirk and Natalia Diaz-Insense
- Presentation of HCC Annual Report by Ellen Riopelle
- Board Elections
- By-law Amendments and Q & A
- Questions from members
- Meeting adjourns