We are looking to fill the position of the Executive Director of the Halifax Cycling Coalition.
Please see below for job description:
Executive Director, Halifax Cycling Coalition
The Halifax Cycling Coalition (HCC) is a volunteer advocacy group committed to making Halifax a great place to ride a bicycle. We focus on bicycle use for transportation within the urban core of Halifax, providing infrastructure design guidance to the city, education to the public, and lobbying for policy changes at all levels of government.
Description of Employment:
This is a full-time position with an approximate workload of 35 hours per week. The annual salary is approximately $36,000.
Reporting to the Chair of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will attend meetings on behalf of the HCC, organize events, manage communications, administer projects, and apply for grants. The ED will also be responsible for membership engagement, community and media outreach, and participating in board meetings. The position requires some scheduling flexibility including some evening and weekend availability.
The Executive Director will:
- Report to the Board of Directors
- Be confident riding a bicycle
- Be legally allowed to work in Canada
- A passion for cycling!
- Knowledge of planning principles and cycling in Halifax Regional Municipality
- Interest in planning design, sustainability, recreation, health promotion, and policy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work independently and strong time-management skills
- Values cultural competence, diversity, and social inclusion
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Google Apps/Drive, social media)
- Knowledge of finance and budgeting
Relevant skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, WordPress, CiviCRM, MailChimp
- Experience operations and management of a non-profit organization
- Experience in completing funding applications
- Experience co-ordinating volunteers
- French language skills
The Halifax Cycling Coalition is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring employees who reflect the diverse community it serves.
Location of employment: 5553 Bloomfield Street, Halifax NS
Closing Date: Friday November 2, midnight.
Please address your cover letter and resume to the Board of Directors. Your cover letter should explain how you meet the listed competencies.
For questions and to apply, email: email@example.com