The Halifax Cycling Coalition would like to invite you to participate in the Bike Week Video Contest!
This contest gives local filmmakers of all skill levels a chance to exercise their creativity and talent by creating a short film of 35 seconds or less that highlights the benefits of cycling.
Participants may work in teams or as individuals; however, only one prize will be awarded for each of the winning videos. Individuals and at least one participant from teams must live within the Halifax Regional Municipality. The winning video will receive a prize of $250.00!
We’re looking for all types of videos: Action, comedy, tragedy, educational, inspirational, artistic, or a blend of genres.
Here are some suggested themes:
- Health and Fitness
- Environment and Sustainability
- The Joy of Cycling
- Cycling vs. Driving
What to do:
1) Make the video. Write it, direct it, film it. Add music, maybe some special effects. This part is up to you.
2) Upload your video to YouTube.
3) Send us a link at firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Tell people to vote for your video by watching it on the HCC website ( cyclehalifax.ca ) and sending their votes by email to email@example.com
5) Come out to Bike to the Movies on May 30th for the Video Contest Awards Ceremony
Voting will start May 22nd so get your video in by then to get as many votes as possible. Videos will not be accepted after May 28th.
Here is a list of tips on uploading videos on YouTube.
What to do
What NOT to do